RFDesign RFD868ux Modem
This is the RFD868ux on a double sided mini carrier board. It comes with a mini JST connector and 2x u.Fl RF connectors and heat sink. **It requires the "ux PIXHAWK2 to RFD900 Telemetry Cable" - 150/300mm to interface to your application.
RFD868ux New Features:
- Fully compatible with RFD868x modems.
- Air data rate up to: 500kbit/s.
- AES Hardware accelerated encryption.
- RC PPM Passthrough with telemetry at the same time.
- SiK point to point firmware.
- Note: Currently due to the bandwidth limitations of the 868 modems Asynchronous Mesh and Multipoint Firmware are not officially supported for the 868X modems and correct operation of this code cannot be guaranteed
- Long range >40km depending on antennas and GCS setup
- 2 x u.FL RF connectors, diversity switched.
- 1 Watt (+30dBm) transmit power.
- Transmit low pass filter.
- > 15dB Low noise amplifier, high IP3.
- RX SAW filter.
- All I/O ESD protected and filtered.
- Re implemented SiK and Multipoint SiK firmware, field upgradable, easy to configure.
- Small, light weight.
- License free use in Europe, India
- RF : 2x u.FL RF connectors
- Serial: Logic level TTL (+3.3v)
- Power: +5v, ~800mA max peak (at maximum transmit power)
- GPIO: General purpose IO (Digital, ADC, PWM capable).
- Frequency Range: 866-869 MHz
- Output Power: 1W (+30dBm), controllable in 1dB steps ( +/- 1dB @=20dBm typical )
- Air Data transfer rates: 12, 56, 64, 100, 125, 200, 224, 500 and 750 kbit/sec (User settable, 64kbit default)*
- UART data transfer rates: 1200, 2400, 4800, 9600, 19200, 38400, 57600, 115200, 230400, 460800, 1M baud (User settable, 57600 default)*
*note these values are correct as of version 3.07 SiK firmware
- Output Power: 1W (+30dBm) max
- Receive Sensitivity: >121 dBm at low data rates, high data rates (TBA)
- Size: 25 mm (wide) x 33 mm (long) x 10.4 mm (thick) - Including RF Shield, PCB and Heatsink.
- Weight: 10g
- Mounting: Stand alone cable connection
- Power Supply: +5 V nominal, (+3.5 V min, +5.5 V max), ~800 mA peak at maximum power
- Temp. Range: -40 to +85 deg C
Software / GCS Support:
The software solution is an open source development called "SiK". It has been re implemented to suit the new processor architecture available on the 32bit ARM processor core. A boot loader and interface is available for further development and field upgrade of the modem firmware via the serial port. Most parameters are configurable via AT commands, Eg. baud rate (air/uart), frequency band, power levels. Integrated support for configuring the RFD900 radios is supported by APM Planner. The default settings are at 57600 baud, N, 8, 1, and 200k air data rate. The RFD868ux manual is here: RFD900ux Manual The RFD868ux SiK software manual is here : RFD900x Peer-to-peer Manual
Software features include:
- Frequency hopping spread spectrum (FHSS)
- Transparent serial link
- Point to Point networking
- Configuration by simple AT commands for local radio, RT commands for remote radio
- User configurable serial data rates and air data rates
- Error correction routines, Mavlink protocol framing (user selectable)
- Mavlink radio status reporting (Local RSSI, Remote RSSI, Local Noise, Remote Noise)
- Automatic antenna diversity switching on a packet basis in real time
- Automatic duty cycle throttling based on radio temperature to avoid overheating
Country locked radios Radios suffix US - this is the 900 version of the radio designated for the US market and is FCC approved. Customers in the US should be buying this. It can be sold to other markets who are making drones intended for the US EU - These are 868 EU certified radios and ship with a EU DOC, intended for the UK and EU market AU - The 900 version for the Australian market, we do not stock these. RF designs is based in Australia, shop local! IND - Is designed to be compliant in India for use in the 865-867Mhz unlicensed band The above radios are locked to the region
None locked The 868X and UX and 900X / UX these are intended for use with licence holders, such as the 868X in the UK and a licence from OfCom, or in countries without restrictions. We may ask you for proof of compliance or the order will be cancelled. For UK and EU customers choose the EU versions of the radios, for overseas please check local regulations.
New models UX radios are a smaller version of the X radios and compatible as long as you are using the same frequency radio and the same settings. The TXMod features the full size X radio, so it is also compatible with X and UX series of the same settings. The U and older + versions are not stocked, please use the latest X and UX versions 1 x 868ux Radio Modem only - for full setup see the radio modem bundles
The modem is designed for system integrators who will integrate the modem into their own projects and product prototypes. The user is responsible for compliance with local regulations for radio transmitters.