The Recon line of panel goggles are a great entry level FPV headset. They are simple, affordable, and have an ultra-immersive FOV. The Recon V3 has an integrated four band, 32-channel receiver, and USB charging. It puts ease-of-use first and lets pilots focus on the full FPV experience without worrying about extra charging cables or accessory components.
Version 3 of the Recon Goggles is a very mature design. It has an included onboard DVR, uses an integrated channel scanner to pick up the strongest video feed and has an improved 800 x 480 TFT resolution display for a crisper image. The onboard OSD shows video signal strength, battery lifetime, and selected channel. The Recon V3 is the ideal choice for a new pilot looking for a complete, high-quality headset.
- FOV (field of view): 55°
- Format: 16:9
- Display: WQVGA 4.3inch display
- Resolution : 800 X 480 TFT
- DVR: analog video recording
- SD card support to 32GB (AVI file)
- Support playback recording file
- Firmware upgrade via SD card
- 40 channels, single high sensitive receiver including RaceBand frequencies(auto scan and find strongest channel)
- channel info, RSSI info and battery status (disappear after 4s, press any button to show up)
- USB charge port
- Micro-SD card slot
- 1x Recon V3 Headset
- 1x 5.8G dipole antenna
- 1x 18650 2600mAh Li-ion Battery(built-in headset)
Warning: Exposing the lens to direct sunlight will result in LCD damage.
I started off by adjusting the font size to really large but I then got eye strain. However, looking at disassembly videos, it turns out the sides are plastic and the electronics are in the front. A dremel made quick work of cutting slots, just had to tape over the one side where light came through after the slot was cut right through accidentally.
They still work perfectly after the abuse, and they now work with my glasses as well!
Fat Shark Recon V3
I've been using mine multiple times a week for about 9 months and they are excellent. The user experience is top notch compared to other box goggles I've used and I love the wide FOV. DVR is pretty decent too.
If you are on a tight budget these are a solid choice imho.